Monday, November 18, 2013

HARMONY MARQUIS IN NEW JERSEY


I received these Harmony Marquis pictures from Sal in New Jersey.  Here is what Sal had to say about his Marquis.

FROM SAL:

 I was looking for information on the Guitar I bought while browsing an Antique Shops in Red Bank, NJ.  This one caught my attention. It was marked $175.00 but the shop owner was running a huge sale, so I got it for $100.00 including the original case which still has the neck Strut tool and a printed instruction set on how to adjust it!.
When I got it home and plugged into a VOX Practice amp, I was blown away but the tone and sound of this guitar. A co-worker has an original Les Paul Standard - Gibson  - he played it and was amazed - said it sounded as good or better that his.
Other than the Harmony name on the head stock and that the neck pick up is further away from the neck than any other LP guitar, there are no other markings on it.
It is very heavy, the neck is much fatter than any other guitar I have, and it appears to have all the original electronics etc.
The color of the neck is different than the body, as you can see. I don't know enough about it to say that is original or not but, as far as I can tell, it such a perfect fit and looks like it has never been removed or replaced.
It has a string buzz issue up around the 12th fret high high "e" string and maybe one other place I haven't figured out yet.  It could use a little fret work - they are not flattened or worn and are in good condition. It is a well cared for guitar.
I absolutely love this guitar and I do plan to get some work done on it.
Anyway - I enjoyed reading your webpage and appreciate any comments you can offer.
Thank you,
Sal

NOTE FROM DOC KAZOO
At this time I will not be moving the contents of the Harmony Marquis Owners Group from my website to the blog.  I will simply pick up posting updates here on the blog starting today.  At some point I will get all the Marquis pictures moved to the blog.  Until then you can view older Marquis pictures on my website at:

http://aswegohomestead.com/HARMONYOWNERS.html

If you own a Harmony Marquis and would like to share some Marquis pictures and any information you might have on the Marquis in general or your Marquis specifically please send them to me at:

dockazoo@aswegohomestead.com

1 comment:

  1. Do you know the year of this guitar? I have the exact same one

    ReplyDelete